NCERT Class 10th Practice Question Answers Ch 1 Pdf) download it from here https://classxscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Untitled-document.pdf
Or simply just take the screenshot. Solve it whenever you want after that you will be prepared for the Exemplar problems of this Chapter and then finally fo the Quiz.
And in this manner, your chapter will be completed. And Easily you will be able to score full marks from this chapter.
I know Completing all these things will take little of your time and you need to do stuff. But after that, you’ll be able to score full out of full from this chapter.
Because from the Examination point of view most of the time, from this chapter Activity-based Questions are only asked in your Boards Exam.
So now let’s get started.
A very important Note:– that complete all these Questions. And do me an Email on Shyamjionweb58@gmail.com and I will personally do check all of your Questions and also I will guide you for fully free. If you’re lacking somewhere.
So go and solve all these problems on your own and then send it to me.Untitled-document
Very Short NCERT Class 10th Practice Question Answers Ch 1 (1 Mark)
Q1). what changes do you Observe in the Iron nails and Colour of copper Sulphate Solution, If Iron nails are dipped in CuSO4 solution for 15 Minutes?
Q2. Identify Chemical Change:
Melting of Ice or Conversion of Milk into Curd.
Q3. Why is respiration considered an Exothermic reaction?
Q4. Why does Copper vessels lose shine when exposed to Air?
Q5. Potato Chips Manufacturers fill the packet of chips with nitrogen gas. Why?
Q6. Why we store Silver Chloride in dark Coloured Bottles?
Q7). Write a chemical Equation for the Double Displacement reaction?
Q8). N2 + 3H2 —> 2NH3 , name the type of reaction ?
Q9). What happens when milk is left open at room temperature during Summers?
Q10). What happens when Quick lime is added to water?
Short type NCERT Class 10th Practice Question Answers Ch 1 (2 marks)
Q1). Define Combination Reaction. Give one example of a Combination reaction which Exothermic in nature?
Q2). What is a Decomposition reaction? Explain with the help of an Example.
Q3). Name and State the law which is kept in mind when we balance a chemical Equation?
Q4). Give one Example of Each:-
- Chemical reaction Showing the evolution of gas.
- Change in Substance’s color during a chemical Reaction.
Q5). What is Raincidity? Write two ways by which it can be Prevented?
Q6). What are two conditions which promote Corrosion?
Q7). A small amount of Ferrous sulfate is heated in the hard glass tube?
Q8). What when Zn strip is dipped in CuSO4 Solution?
Short type NCERT Class 10th Practice Question Answers Ch 1 [3 Marks]
Q1). What is Redox Reaction? Write down a Chemical Reaction representing it?
Q2). In Electrolysis of water:-
- Name the gas Collected at Cathode and Anode.
- Why is the volume of one gas collected at one Electrode is Double of another?
- Why are a few drops of Dil. H2SO4 added to water?
Q3). In the reaction:
CuO(s) + H2 (g) —–> Cu(s) + H2O(g)
- Name the Oxidized Substance.
- Name the reduced Substance.
- Name the Oxidizing agent.
Q4). Give Reasons:-
- White Silver Chloride turns Grey in sunlight.
- Brown Coloured Copper Powered on heating in the air turns into Black colored Substance.
Q5). Compound ‘X’ decomposes to form compound ‘Y’ and CO2 gas. Compound Y is used in the manufacturing of cement.
- Name the co pounds ‘X’ and ‘Y’.
- Write the chemical equation for this reaction.
Q6). A Metal salt MX, when Exposed to light, spits up to form metal M and gas X2. Metal M is used to make ornaments whereas gas X2 is used in making bleaching powder. The salt MX is used in Black and White Photography.
- Identify the Metal M and gas X2.
- Identify MX.
- Write down the Chemical reaction when salt MX is exposed to sunlight.
Q7). A metal strip X is dipped in Blue colored salt solution YSO4. After some time a layer of metal ‘Y’ is formed on metal strip X. Metal X is used in Galvanization whereas metal Y is used for making electric wires.
- What could be Metal ‘X’ and ‘Y’?
- Name the Metal salt YSO4.
- What type of Chemical reaction takes place between X and YSO4? Write the balanced chemical equation.
Long Type NCERT Class 10th Practice Question Answers Ch 1 [5 Marks]
Q1). Whitewash was being done at Mukesh’s house. Mukesh saw that the painter added quick lime to drum having water. Mukesh touched the outer surface of the drum, it is unbelievably hot.
- Write the chemical equation for the above reaction?
- What type of reaction is it?
- what is the utility of this Reaction?
Q2). What types of reaction are represented by following:
- CaCO3 —> CaO + CO2
- 2Ca + O2 —-> 2CaO
- Pb + CuCl2 —-> PbCl2 + Cu
- 2FeSO4 —-> Fe2O3 + SO2 + SO3
- Na2SO4 + BaCl2 —> BaCl2 + 2NaCl
Q3). Balance the following Equations: [NCERT Class 10th Practice Question Answers Ch 1]
- H2 + O2 —> H2O
- MnO2 + HCl —> MnCl2 + H2O + Cl2
- Pb(NO3)2 —–> PbO + NO2 + O2
- AgNO3 + NaCl —> Agcl + NaNO3
- Ca(OH)2 + HNO3 —> Ca(NO3)2 + H2O
Q4). Write down the balanced Chemical equation for the following:
- Silver chloride is decomposed in the presence of Sunlight to give Silver and Chlorine gas.
- Calcium hydroxide reacts with water to give lime water.
- Sodium hydroxide reacts with hydrochloric acid is to give sodium chloride and water.
- Dilute hydrochloric acid is added to copper oxide to give green-colored copper chloride and water.
- The solution of Barium chloride and sodium sulfate in water reacts to give Insoluble Barium sulfate and solution of sodium chloride.
If you have any doubts related to this chapter then please let us know in the comment section. I will definitely help you. [NCERT Class 10th Practice Question Answers Ch 1]
If you find this helpful then please don’t forget to share with all other friends. So that they can also take advantage of this study material available here.
And don’t forget to review this post. And if you want to join our community and want to become part of our groups and all that then you can join us on different social media platforms as well. you will find the link in Sidebar.
Follow us on Different Social Media Platforms:-